Monday, September 13, 2010

Better than yesterday...Not as good as tomorrow

I know they told me that it could take up to 3 weeks before I began to notice a difference from the medication, but I prayed that the Lord would allow it to work quickly and with no side-effects. Praise the Lord! I believe that the meds are already helping. I've been taking them since Friday night & I already feel like I am more in control of my emotions. Several things have happened today that would previously have "set me off." One of them being, Chaz defiantly peeing on the floor! (I HATE that!) But today, I was very in control of my emotions. I disciplined him appropriately, put him on the potty, cleaned him up & then helped him go down for a nap...which was the real cause of his behavior.



This evening, we went shopping. Up til now, shopping would have ended with me frustrated & yelling at Keith. But tonight, I enjoyed it. Keith took Ethan to look in electronics & I took Chaz to the toy department to spend some birthday money. I had fun shopping with my little man. When we left, Keith was pushing Chaz in the cart & ran in the parking lot & then jumped up on the cart. I just kept walking & smiling. They were having so much fun! 

I love my husband! I love my boys! I love my family!! I love my life!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Charity,

    Know that you are NOT alone in what you are going through. After I had Joe I went through the same thing only I didn't know you could do anything about it. I remember screaming at them, hitting them, hating them and hating myself for being the way I was. I didn't want to be that way but I couldn't stop myself. It was like I was standing outside myself, watching myself have a meltdown and being unable to do anything about it.

    That was such a dark time in my life. I would swear that I wouldn't scream and yell at the boys any more and by lunch that promise was broken.

    I wondered if there was something seriously wrong with me. It was years before I finally quit the screaming and I wish I could do those years over again. The book I gave you "Quite and Meek Spirit" or something like that really helped.

    Recently being diagnosed with ADHD and going on med's REALLY helped me and I now can cope with life and be happy! I'm SO glad you sought out help and are not hiding from it like I did.

    ReplyDelete